In 2017 63% of the businesses were utilizing the power of video marketing and this exponentially grows to 87% by 2019. This showcases how much business nowadays is serious about video marketing. In this blog, we will cover why video marketing is important for your business and how you can leverage its power.
Now the questions come what exactly is video marketing? The answer to this will be “Video marketing is using videos to promote or to educate your target audience about your product or service. Also utilizing it to reach a new audience and to increase brand awareness.”.
One more question that can be raised is that “Is video marketing profitable for business?” for this just visit area like Times Square in New York (or just watch the videos of it) you will see the video playing everywhere, and companies are rolling out tons of money on those corners, and we well know this business runs on ROI and none of the business will run those ads of they are not making money from it.
Also, take this, In the Hubspot research, it is seen that 54% of the consumers/customer want to see videos instead of any other form of content from their brand.
Look at these stats below, you will get the idea about how huge no of online users is consuming video content country-wise.
All these stats and examples explain very clearly whether video marketing is essential for business or not.
Why is video a powerful medium?
- It mostly had to do with accessibility, video content is easily accessible and easy to consume.
- It allows us to demonstrate concepts faster and more clearly.
- Rich learning experience as video-based content allows us to consume content simultaneously using both sense of sight and hearing and whereas text-based is only limited to the sense of sight only.
- Video allows us to create a personal connection with the viewer, which increases the chances of conversions and better customer and brand relationships.
Now comes how you can leverage this powerful medium in your favor.
Strategies For Video Marketing Campaign
1) Define your audience
Define who is your audience, where they are located, and what all problems they face, why should they choose you.
If you don’t know about your audience you can use tools like SEMrush or Facebook Audience Insights.
2) Define Your Prime Objective
Which Can Be:
- Brand Awareness(For this, videos must be short, and letting them know about you, where you exist, what you provide, what’s your USP, etc.)
- Educating your audience(In these kinds of videos you are letting them know ‘how to’ use their product or service to solve their problems, tutorial kind of videos)
- Entertainment(purpose of these is entertainment and brand awareness as well. Mostly the videos should be in story format)
3) Creating Video Content
This depends on your primary objective for what type of video content you create.
Some things one should keep in mind while creating video content for business are:
- It should resonate with your target audience.
- Ideally feature your product or services.
- For brand awareness: 00:15-00:20
- For Education: 5:00- anywhere that you want to take.
- For Entertainment: Totally depends on you.
- Problem (Showcase what problem people are facing)
- Teaser (showcasing that there can be a solution to the problem)
- Solution (how your product or service can help to solve that problem)
4) Deciding Videos Publishing Platform
The best platforms that you can utilize are:
- YouTube (Best for any type of content)
- Facebook (Best for Brand Awareness and entertainment)
- Twitter (Brand Awareness)
- LinkedIn (Brand Awareness)
- Instagram (Brand Awareness)
- Twitch (Best for education and entertainment)
- Vimeo (Best for any type of content)
- DailyMotion (Brand Awareness)
Now comes how you will get the views on videos
5) Video prompting strategy
- Organic traffic
- Embed videos on websites, blogs, etc.
- Encourage viewers to share the video.
- Share the video on social media.
- Reposting on multiple platforms.
- YouTube ads.
- Paid Social media advertising.
Overall, the success of video marketing boils down to:
- Video quality
- Video Relevance to your product or service.
Keeping all these in mind, now you can start working on your video marketing campaign and boost your business online.